At their annual conference in Denver early in October 2013 the Federation of Exchange Accommodators (FEA) elected Bill Horan of Vienna, VA, FEA President for the coming year. Bill Horan is owner of Realty Exchange Corporation (REC) in Gainesville, VA. The company located in Heritage Village, has been an exclusive Qualified Intermediary (QI) for 1031 exchanges since 1990. The FEA is the national organization that represents professionals who conduct 1031 like-kind exchanges for investors and businesses nationwide.
- What Properties Qualify for a 1031 Exchange?
- Understanding the Identification Rules of a 1031 Exchange
- The basics of what a 1031 “like-kind” exchange is and how it works:
- Replacing your investment: Buying into REITs does not qualify for a 1031 exchange but DSTs do.
- How Long Must My 1031 Exchange Property Remain in Investment Status?